A few years ago I had a Tim Tam milkshake in a cafe in Newtown, and I’ve never forgotten how fantastic it was. Ever since, I vowed to recreate it at home.
It’s taken me a long time, but I finally got around to it! The things I do in the name of research for That’s Noice ;)
Tim Tam milkshake (1 serve)
- 1 x packet of Original Tim Tams (on special at my supermarket this week, yay!)
- Milk (probably about 250ml)
- Optional: vanilla icecream if you want it really thick
- Optional: Milo or similar if you want it really chocolate-y
- Blend milk and about 3 Tim Tams (and ice cream and Milo if you want) until the Tim Tams are finely blended
- Add 2 more Tim Tams, but don’t blend them quite so finely this time
- Pour the mixture into your glass – chilled if it’s a hot day
- Chop and crush 1 last Tim Tam to sprinkle on top of your creation
The biggest mistake I made was that I was too lazy to go up the street and buy full cream milk to make this, so just used the skim milk we had in the fridge – full cream milk would be TONNES better!
Here’s the gratuitous food porn shot:
So it’s not exactly something I’d make every week – maybe every year ;)