My contribution to this week’s Noice-ities, in point form:
- Things are looking up with mum’s move into the nursing home; we’re closing to finishing clearing out her old place and more and more I’m realising that we really did make the right decision to agree for her to be moved. I still need to fill you in, but only when my brain is better equipped
- We met with the celebrant we’ve chosen for the wedding… which I’m told is less than 100 days away (thanks, Leigh!). Lachlan is just the person we want for a celebrant – no fuss, no fluff!
- Light – in the bedroom! The globe blew, oh, 2 or 3 weeks ago and we keep forgetting to grab the ladder to change it (downside of these 12ft ceilings we have). So last night, in the dark, I wiped the bugs and cobwebs off the ladder and clambered up and changed the bulb myself – Dan was terrified, convinced that I would fall off. Because I succeeded I sang that “I Don’t Need A Man” song by the Pussycat Dolls, complete with booty dance ;)
- I saw the most beautiful thing this week – Tiff from My Three Ring Circus has been working so hard to raise funds for the hospital where her youngest daughter is regularly treated. A fundraiser day was held at the local school and they raised $2k! The montage of photos brought more than a few tears to my eyes:
- Last but not least, I got a luffly surprise in the post! It was from the gorgeous Elizabeth of Scarlet Words – a cupcake soap! Plus a brilliant handmade card. Full of awesome :D
Why don’t you join in with us at Noice-itites?