I donated blood for the first time since high school on NYE and survived!
Why don’t you come along with us on April 30th to the Blood Bank near Town Hall in Sydney? Sure, it can be an anxious experience, but just follow my 5 rules for donating blood and you’ll be right as rain
- Distract yourself by talking to your fellow blood donors, nursing staff, etc. Some people even take books/Kindles/iPods
- NEVER LOOK AT YOUR ARM, NEEDLES OR IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF WHERE “IT” IS HAPPENING
- Be honest if you’re feeling queasy and tell staff – you’re already a hero by donating, so don’t act like one if you’re not feeling quite right
- Have a milkshake and muffin (chocolate is my preference) when you’re all done, rest up, keep talking/reading/whatever for a good 20 minutes afterwards
- Pat yourself on the back for being awesome and helping people like little Ivy.
You might even want to promote the Little Bloggy Blood Drive yourself!
<center><a href="http://www.lizosaurus.com/category/little-bloggy-blood-drive/"><img src="http://lizosaurus.com/little-bloggy-blood-drive.jpg" alt="Little Bloggy Blood Drive" /></a></center>
What does this tell you about my vocab?
Every time I typed the word “blood” in this post, I typed “bloody”. Oh dear.