TBH, the #reverb10 didn’t turn out to be the project I was expecting. Possibly more intellectual than I was prepared for?
- What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Got married, went on a cruise, went snorkling, baked a sponge cake, saw George Michael in concert
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My plan was to “be happy” in 2010, which was largely the case, though I think I’ll have even more success if I stick with the same gameplan for next year. And less…. distractions
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Julie had Felix, Chrissy had Joey, Cybele had Harry… and I think that’s it!
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries/states did you visit?
We went to Brisbane and New Caledonia on our honeymoon, though I spent much of that time vomiting or trying not to vomit. Good times!
- What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Less stress around mum’s health
- What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
3rd October, dur, wedding day. I’d also say the date I saw George Michael in concert, but I’ve already forgotten that date
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Accepting that family can disappoint me and making an active decision to not let it get the better of me
- What was your biggest failure?
Not yelling loud enough to get mum’s health looked at before it got as bad as it did
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
The most debilitating things have been the sprained ankle and pulled hip muscle in the last month. Ow.
- What was the best thing you bought?
My wedding band :) oh, and my car, which I finally paid off last month – so that counts, right?
- Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Hands down, Dan and Natty. And my friends and colleagues who were my rock this year. And the generosity of “internet weirdos” ;) who sent us wedding/motivational presents
- Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The same people as last year. Some newbies, but best I keep that under my hat
- Where did most of your money go?
Paying off my car. Surprisingly, not the wedding!
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
BUYING A CONVECTION MICROWAVE! Getting married of course, and seeing George Michael in concert (yes, I cried)
- What song will always remind you of 2010?
I’m with Fiona on this one – Cee Lo’s F**k You, specifically the album version and the live (uncensored) version Cee Lo sang on The Colbert Report
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? poor in $, richer in love
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Trusting my gut instinct
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
On Xmas day: Lunch with my family, afternoon tea with mum in the nursing home, evening drinkies with some in-laws
On Boxing day: Lunch with the other in-laws
- Did you fall in love in 2010?
More times than I can recall
- How many one-night stands?
What sort of hussy do you think I am?! hehe
- What was your favourite TV program?
Glee, Glee, GLEE! Glee: The Complete First Season
- Did you make a friend with anyone that you didn’t know this time last year?
Technically, this time last year I had only briefly met Liz IRL, and had never met Jarod… :)
- What was the best book you read?
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Cee Lo Green. That man’s voice is ah-may-zing. Late mention of Bruno Mars who I’ve discovered in the last 12 hours. WOW. Especially love the acoustic version of a song that I found on YouTube
- What did you want and get?
The ability to bake cakes properly (courtesy of the new microwave)
- What did you want and not get?
Acceptance from family
- What was your favourite film of this year?
From the position of watching-it-again-ness, it’s a clear win for Toy Story 3
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned the magical 32 – my birthday wasn’t much cause it was in the middle of mum being in hospital and the night before my birthday was when we were officially told that mum would have to move into a nurisng home. BUT! I remember getting awesome presents, an awesome rainbow yay cake, having my sister stay with us, and I especially remember driving Jarod and Liz to their elopement flight on the morning of my birfday :)
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Satisfying? Meh. Ask me again and change “more satisfying” to “less horrific”
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Evolving to something more feminine… sometimes ;)
- What kept you sane?
Crying and singing in the car at the top of my lungs
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
BARACK OBAMA :) :)
- What political issue stirred you the most?
The federal election (and the real fear that Abbott was going to get in), and now, kinda, the Wikileaks saga
- Who did you miss?
At this time of year, I always miss my EU girls. Has it been THREE years?!
- Who was the best new person you met?
Obv this is a race between Jarod and Liz… but if we get technical, I really met Liz in 2009… so does this mean it’s GAROD?!
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010
That there are reasons why I’m a stubborn, independent pain in the ass
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
“Now I know all the wrong turns, stumbles and falls led me here” – Ben Folds, The Luckiest (yes, again)
Happy 2011, everyone!