We’re on holiday. And not just a holiday where we take time off work and stay at home. We’re properly on holiday in a whole other STATE.
sunny Hobart and staying with Jarod and Liz. Because they moved down here and we miss them. They are very hospitable and tolerant hosts. And they leave mints on our pillow each night.
The itinerary for while we’re down here is: visit some stuff when we can, play games when we can, hang out as much as possible and I’m going to do some strategic planning for Smarter as well. As I type, all four of us are on our computers, either gaming, working or blogging. The heater is keeping us warm and I’m currently wearing a dinosaur beanie (evidenced here).
So far we have:
- Flown together for the first time in the almost-12-years that we’ve been together (long story)
- Eaten the best burgers in Hobart (Burger Got Soul, for those taking notes)
- Eaten foods prepared by Liz (specifically espresso brownies and chocolate freckles)
- Actually, we’ve eaten well (and a LOT) since we got here
- Slept in
- Checked out Salamanca Square and all their galleries and whatnot
- Sampled whiskey and drank alcoholic hot chocolate
- Visited the Hobart visitor’s centre
- Come up with some vague plans for the rest of the week.
We’re here til Saturday. Try the veal!
If you follow me on Instagram (I’m @rahest on there) you’ve been bombarded with photos. Sorry. I’m a tad excited about being here. And being on holidays. And hanging out with Jarod and Liz (and my husband) in our PJs.