Thanks to my girls for the virtual hugs in my last (and now, looking back, somewhat embarrassing) post. I think blogging while emotional is a bit like blogging when drunk – best kept to a minimum!
I really really wish I could explain in annoying detail about what set off my three-day freakout, but it’s still too raw and upsetting to me and to those nearest to me who are non-bloggers.
One day, I might be able to share a Cliffs Notes version.
BUT! With a few days’ perspective, it’s been easy to smile.
Things that help:
- Going to fancy birthday parties with free food and drink
- Shoe and clothes shopping (sorry, credit card)
- Raisin toast and home brewed coffee for breakfast
- Hanging out with good friends who you know know what’s going on, but know when to leave it out of conversation
- My fiance of awesome (who will be my husband in exactly FOUR weeks, excuse me while I freak out) who still puts up with all of… this (imagine me gesturing madly at myself) and still promises to meet me on a beach three weekends from now and say “I do” (or, “I will”, we haven’t written the ceremony yet).
- Episodes of Glee (Squee!)
Glee is just awesome, isn’t it? Sigh!
I haven’t been able to get the song Smile (the Charlie Chaplin version) out of my head:
And it’s rubbing off on me. I have so many reasons to smile, and I feel so much better when I remember how to: