When Dan put my ring on my finger, my brain immediately went into Bridezilla-mode:
- Who do we have to invite?
- How long have I got to lose the fat?
- How the hell are we going to pay for this?
- Etc, etc etc – thoughts that occupied my brain to the extent that I had trouble sleeping for at least two weeks. I was even incapable of napping while we were on our beloved holiday!
- I need a new Gmail account!
- I need a new domain for my blog!
- I need a new domain for my business!
- I need a new Twitter handle!
It turns out that my married name* is more common than Kane, so it\’s limited my options when choosing a new Gmail account name. Gmail is the centre of my online universe, so picking an appropriate account name ranked pretty highly on my list.
Do I go with my nickname for a Gmail account? Maybe the new business name**? Do I spell everything backwards?
I ended up grabbing 2 Gmail accounts, one featuring my full name including my middle name and one featuring my nickname. At least I have 18 months to work out which one I\’ll use :)
Now I just need to work on my colour-coded wedding invite list. It\’s colour-coded based on importance of particular groups being invited (i.e. red = must invite, yellow = if we can afford it, etc.)
* Yes, I\’m going to be all traditional and take on Dan\’s surname. Is that considered old-fashioned these days? Meh, whatever. Being a Kane girl has been a hard slog for the last 31 years and I think I\’ve earned the chance to graduate to a new surname.
** New business name yet to be thought-of. Suggestions welcome!